Another short post for today, as I try to establish the habit loop of writing daily. Earlier this morning a tweet came up on my timeline:
Time has a funny way of sneaking up on us.
Would you have thought that we’re already 10% through 2019!?
The first thing that popped into my head as I read this was the fact that I really need to settle on a few personal KPIs for 2019.
I’m going to break my goals down into quarters. Overall, I like to see constant progress, and short bursts rather than long distant goals.
Anyone who knows me personally may know some of these goals, but for me to have a record and to be held accountable — some of my goals include:
- Getting the first draft of my next book complete by Q1
- Launching a course on the back of the above book
- Not drinking alcohol in Q1
- Going to the gym every working day of 2019
- Monitoring my health proactively (habitually recording metrics every day through Apple Watch and other health trackers)
- Launching and relaunching some of my smaller brands — one is a moisturiser, another is focused on gut health
- In-depth learning and understanding of fixed income
A small sample of the goals that I’m holding myself accountable for. What are yours? Tweet me @ScottTaylor.