10 Minute Guide to Fundraising
This guide is for founders who are looking to raise funding. It covers how to approach both Seed and Series A.
The advice is distilled from the past 10 years. Previously started and sold a bunch of startups, raising over $50m in funding, and assisting in $100m+ exits. As for specific roles, I was Chief Product Officer at Livedrive (exited to j2 Global), Chief Executive Officer at miDrive (raised $8m) and Chief Operating Officer at Zillion Commerce. I’m an advisor to London based venture capital firm EC1 Capital and Richard Branson’s Virgin Startup. Useful for founders and startups located anywhere.
Obviously there’s a 100% money back guarantee. Delivered by watermarked PDF immediately after purchase.
Some of the topics covered:
- Funding basics (why raise money, when to raise, how much to raise)
- Funding timelines (funding options; funding type — debt, equity, etc.)
- Benchmarking expectations
- Stacking the odds for successful investment
- The pitch and reaching out to your network
- Meeting investors
- Closing the deal
- Legal & docs (US & UK specific; inc. term sheets)
- What’s next, and how to communicate with investors & board